The Jazz at Five mission to keep the Jazz at Five brand new and exciting – building better downtown events, have the Jazz at Five audience match the diversity of our music, and provide a stage for our local jazz community.
Jazz at Five is a downtown Madison tradition since 1994. Each year the series consistently provides exceptional free jazz concerts in a stunning locale—the 100 block of State Street, where State Street meets the Capitol Square. When the sun is shining and the music is flowing, there is no better place to be than at Jazz at Five.
New in 2016. Jazz at Five patrons can see the concert from the State Capital lawn.
In addition to the special setting, Jazz at Five features the best local, regional, and national jazz talent. That’s why Jazz at Five is one of the most important free, non-profit cultural music series in Dane County.
Jazz at Five is a production of Jazz at Five, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All donations to Jazz at Five are tax deductible.
Each season Jazz at Five tries to improve our organization. The expected 2016 improvements:
- The Jazz at Five audience can now enjoy the show from the State Capital lawn. Unlike the State Street which must comply with city standards – no glass containers, no food except from vendors – the Capital lawn is a state park. Like Concert on the Square, Jazz at Five can picnic on the lawn.
- Hop Haus Brewing Company with be bring the beer this year. The beer tent severs are all volunteer – each year about 30% of Jazz at Five revenue is from beer sales. This year … Jazz at Five will also being using all volunteers to sell wine to the Jazz at Five audience from District 7.
Free Live Jazz—Right in the Heart of Downtown Madison
Jazz at Five performances take place on our outside stage at 100 State Street—at the top of State Street in Madison, Wisconsin. This is a prime location in downtown Madison, just steps away from some of the capital city’s best restaurants, bars, hotels, and attractions.
- Each performance evening begins at 4:00 with a youth combo followed by performances at 5:00 and 6:30 continuing to 8pm.
- Parking is available for $5 maximum after 6pm in any cashiered city ramp, several of which are located within walking distance of the Jazz at Five stage.
- We encourage fans to bring chairs or to rent one from the Information Tent. You can also experience Jazz at Five in style by reserving a table. Please contact email@example.com for availability
- A variety of food is available for purchase in the non-reserved area. All beer sales are donated to Jazz at Five. No carry-in alcoholic beverages or beverages in glass containers are allowed at Jazz at Five.
No food, alcoholic beverages or beverages in glass containers are allowed within the reserved area. Our sponsors receive catering and beverages from our authorized vendors with their sponsorship package.
For more information on getting to the event click here.
For more information on being at the event click here.
To see a copy of our last fiscal statement click here.